Cooks in Serves 4
- 3/4 lb linguine, cooked per package directions and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small bermuda onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (more if you like)
- 4 tablespoons tequila
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded,chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced (I generally use a little more)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion and bell pepper; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, chile pepper and tequila, cook another 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, and cilantro; cook for another 5 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft.
- Stir feta cheese and avocado into the skillet.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and add to the hot linguine.
- Mix thoroughly; adjust seasonings again.