Bay Scallop Ceviche
Cooks in Serves 2-4
- 1 lb. bay scallops
- 3/4c Lime juice preferably freshly squeezed
- 1/4c Blanco tequila
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3c Cilantro chopped
- 2 Jalapeno’s seeded and sliced into very thin coins.
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper seeded and sliced into strips
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper seeded and sliced into strips
- 3/4lbs mixed colors Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2c thinly sliced green onion
- Lime Wedges for garnish
- Grab dem scallops and trim off the little white abductor muscle, you don’t want this, its chewy. In a small bowl, mix the lime juice and tequila then add the scallops and let sit for one hour.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, chopped cilantro, jalapeno’s, bell peppers, tomatoes, and green onions to the scallop mixture. Season with salt and pepper then mix well. It’s ready for serving. I served it in some martini glasses and it really shines it on. I’ve also seen them served on their own half shell.
- Quick, easy, no cooking, just some chopping and impressive. How’s the taste? Amazing. It’s so fresh and the little bits of pepper, cilantro, and garlic really work great together. The scallops themselves providing you get them fresh melt in your mouth. It’s that good.