Chicken Tequila Sunrise
Cooks in Serves 4-6
- 2 lbs frying chicken , cut up (or your own favorite bone-in chicken pieces)
- 2 onions , thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon course ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a shallow baking pan (with sides) large enough to accommodate the chicken in a single layer with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place unseasoned chicken pieces, skin-side up, in baking pan; place pan in preheated oven for 25 minutes to crisp skin and melt fat.
- Remove from oven and pour off fat.
- Place onion slices under chicken pieces.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Return to oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and crisp, and liquid thickens.