Nieve De Mango Con Tequila ( Mango – Tequila Ice)
Cooks in Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups chopped ripe mangoes (number of mangos will depend on their size)
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- Stir the sugar and water together over medium heat until the mixture boils and the sugar dissolves.
- Cool the mixture, place it in a blender, add the mango and lime juice and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a pie plate or refrigerator tray covered with foil, and freeze 2 hours, or until slushy.
- Remove from freezer, add the tequila, and beat well.
- Return to freezer, remove after one-half hour, and beat again.
- Place the ice in the freezer and remove 10-15 minutes before serving time.
- Place in blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve immediately.