Partytime Tequila Salsa
Cooks in Serves 4-6
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 1/2 cups chopped, seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup finely diced green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 jalapeno peppers , seeded and minced
- Yield: 3 cups
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; let sit at room temperature for 1 hour to let flavors blend (or refrigerate for longer storage if you wish).
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping or as a topping for fajitas or tacos.