Queso Dip With Tequila by Rick Bayless
Cooks in Serves 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, 1/4 inch dice
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1 onion, 1/4 inch dice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/2 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded (3 cups)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, and a large pinch of salt and cook over moderately high heat. stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the tequila and cook, stirring frequently, until the pan looks dry, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the cheese and cook, stirring constantly until fully melted, about 30 seconds. Quickly transfer the cheese dip to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve immediately with chips.