Tangy Tequila Meatballs
Cooks in Serves 8-10
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 lbs hot Italian sausage , removed from casings and and crumbled
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup hot pepper jelly
- 1/2 cup thick and smoky barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Combine beaten eggs, onions, garlic, chili powder and salt.
- Add sausage, beef and bread crumbs. Use hands to mix well.
- Shape the meat mixture into 1″ balls and place on baking sheet.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet.
- Working in batches, brown the meatballs on all sides.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Combine marmalade, jelly, barbeque sauce, tequila, and lime juice in crock pot.
- Add meatballs and stir to coat.
- Cook, stirring often until jellies have melted and meatballs are cooked through. About 1 hour on high or 3 hours on low.