Tequila and Lime Sweet Potatoes
Cooks in Serves 4
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 2 quarts water
- Cut the potatoes into 3/4″ thick slices.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil and then add the potatoes — when they begin to re-boil, allow them to go for 6 minutes, uncovered, (they should be just tender) and then drain them with a colander.
- Mix the lime juice, honey and tequila together in a small bowl.
- Set up a large baking sheet on which there is a metal grill-type rack. Lay the potatoes out on the rack and brush them with the lime-honey-tequila sauce.
- Broil the potatoes until they brown on one side, flip them and when they brown on the second side, they’re done.
- NOTE: A second option is to grill the brushed potatoes on a gas or charcoal grill.