Tequila-Lime Pork Roast
Cooks in Serves 10
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin
- 1 cup tequila
- 2 cups lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves , peeled and crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime zest , grated
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Place pork in a large zip-type plastic bag.
- Combine tequila, lime juice, oil, garlic and 1/8 tsp salt in bowl and por over pork in bag. Seal and refrigerate 24-48 hours.
- Remove pork from bag and discard marinade. Pat pork dry.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix remaining ingredients in bowl and pat mixture over all surfaces of pork.
- Place pork on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast 1-1 1/2 hours until internal temperature reaches 150°F
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes (internal temperature will rise to around 160F).
- Slice and serve.
- NOTE: This could probably be done on a grill, too, but cook time might need adjusting.