Tequila Pork Chops by Barb Gertz
Cooks in Serves 4
- 4 center-cut pork loin chops (each about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 -4 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeno chiles
- salt and pepper
- Trim and discard fat from chops.
- Wipe chops with a damp towel, then press cumin seeds equally onto pork chops.
- Place a 10-to 12-inch nonstick frying over high heat.
- When hot add 1 teaspoon butter, tilting pan to coat.
- Add chops and turn as necessary to brown well on both sides about 6 minutes total.
- Stir in garlic.
- Remove pan from heat (away from vent,fan, or inflammables).
- Stir in broth, tequila, and lime juice into pan.
- Set over high heat, when liquid is boiling, reduce heat and simmer until meat is no longer pink in the center (cut to test), about 4 minutes.
- Transfer chops to a platter; keep warm.
- Over high heat, boil pan juices until reduced to 3 to 4 tablespoons, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining butter,in a lump, and stir until blended with sauce.
- Season to taste with chilies.
- Pour sauce over chops.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.